Friday, February 19, 2016

#FridayFeature: Meet The Author - Brenda Nwafor

Brenda Nwafor
Hello All,

Today's #FridayFeature (soon-to-be) author is Brenda Nwafor, the current Assistant Secretary of the Association of Nigerian Authors, Lagos.

Let's get to know her in 10 questions.

1/ What is your name (Pen name if different), and what does it mean?

The name Eziafa is a derivative of Eziafakaego and means that a good name is better than wealth. It emphasizes integrity over material things. Brenda is a Scottish name that means torch, flame or sword. In essence, let's say while I can light your path, ignite the flame of love in your heart, I can also be a sword to cut you off when necessary. Nwafor: a child born on Afor day (a day in Igbo week).
2/ What books have you written (title/genre/year of publication)?

I have a masterpiece brewing to be published this year. It is titled "The Diary of a Sanguine". It is a collection of poems.

3/ What inspires your writing?

Many factors inspire the way and what I write. My emotion is a key factor. Other factors include but are not limited to the following: happenings around me, books I read, people I meet and places go.

4/ What has been your most challenging work, and why?

Each piece of poem written comes with its challenge so I can't really say one was more challenging than the other.

5/ What are you currently working on?

I have not really given myself to writing short stories but I am going to put my back into it.

6/ What are your favourite types of books and who are your favourite authors?

I like and read more of romance. The authors I really enjoy reading are Danielle Steel and Nora Roberts.

7/ What have you had to give up for your writing?

Some job opportunities.

8/ What is unique about you?

I can hardly go unnoticed, that's probably because of my size #laughs# and my shrill voice. My voice and my size are opposites.

9/ Where can readers get your book, and in what formats?

They will be available at ANA, Lagos Library.

10/ How can readers get in touch with you?

I can be reached on either brendanwafor10@gmail.com or 09020590567.

***

For more on the Association and its activities, please like them on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ANALagLive/.

Until next #FridayFeature.

Literarily Yours,
CMO.

No comments:

Post a Comment